Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Glorious Peanut Butter Cookies

I've been gone for a long, long time! Work in the office has been crazy...but I'm starting to get back into the swing of things here and online.

Lately I've been trying to go not only gluten but fully GRAIN free. I've been finding that my progress with eating solely gluten free isn't where I want it to be. So I have decided to dabble in the realm of grain freedom. It's actually a lot easier than I had anticipated due to the amount of Paleo recipes that are out there on Pinterest and the like. So I've been taking and tweaking or just full out creating new recipes for myself.

My latest adventure was a peanut butter cookie! To forewarn you, these are dangerously quick and easy to make...>_<

Chocolatey Peanut Butter Cookies!

Ingredients:
1 cup Organic Peanut Butter (the real stuff that you have to stir; NO JIF or Peter Pan here!)
1 cup Coconut Sugar or 1/2 cup Honey
1 Organic Egg (the flax substitute would work just as well in this recipe)
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Raw Cocoa Powder (or Dutch Cocoa if that's what you have on hand)

  1. Preheat oven to 350* F
  2. Combine all ingredients together minus the cocoa. At this point, your dough is going to look sticky and messy and unrollable into balls. 
  3. So you're going to start adding cocoa, a tiny little bit at a time. The purpose of the cocoa is to take some of that wetness out of the equation. Once you have an actual dough that you can roll into balls, don't add any more cocoa!
  4. Roll the dough into balls that are approximately the size of a quarter around. Place them on parchment paper on top of a cookie tray (this will make your life so much easier, trust me!) Take a fork a do the crosshatch typical of peanut butter cookies!
  5. Bake for 10-12 minutes and you will be in heaven! Let cool as long as you can before getting into them! This makes exactly 2 dozen when I baked them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment